Fun with Meaning • Joy with Community • A Place for All People, including You!
September 29: Last Day to Buy Tickets for the Harvest Dinner which will be held on October 7
More information about the Harvest Dinner and purchasing tickets can be found on the Missions (please click this link) page.
Do you have extra Acorn or Butternut Squash and/or Apples?
We need acorn or butternut squash and apples to make applesauce for the Harvest Dinner on October 7. Please call or text Cindy Martens at 712-330-4769 for pick up.
September 27: Wonderful Wednesdays Begin
Everyone is invited to kickoff of Wonderful Wednesdays at Wesley Place!
6:00 Family Worship
Next week will be the start of Kid’s Club, Youth Activities & Adult Study after the meal.
Registration Link for Sunday School/Wonderful Wednesday Kid's Club/Youth Group
Visitors are encouraged and welcomed!
September 7: Worship Team, 5:30
September 18: Ministry Advisory Council (MAC), 6:00
September 19: Education Team, 5:30
September 26: Missions Team, 5:30
If you would like more information, please contact the church office at 712-336-3115.
October 1: Adult Biblical Book Study: Seamless
Tammy, Pastor Cindy, and Lori Bower will be leading this study by Angie Smith: Seamless–Understanding the Bible as One Complete Story.
Learn more on our Adult Ministries Page.
October 22: School Kits & Personal Dignity Kits for Ingathering
This year the Missions Team has decided to gather items for both the Personal Dignity Kits and the Students Kits! Please bring items you are willing to donate to the church by Sunday, October 22. For a list of items and more information about the United Methodist Church Ingathering, please follow the “student kits & personal dignity kits” and/or “Ingathering” link(s) on the Missions page.
We will be putting the kits together on Tuesday, October 24, at 5:30; everyone is welcome and encouraged to join us to help put the kits together.
Join Us Sunday!
Join Us Wednesday (starting September 27)
Family Style Meal
6:00 – 7:00
Classes and Activities
Opportunities to Get Involved!
- Education: Help create & implement programming for the discipleship of our congregation (Sunday School, Bible Study, Wonderful Wednesday).
- Health & Welfare: Help care for others; especially those who reside in assisted living, nursing homes, or are homebound (Birthday cards to 85+, visits, calls, Valentine cards, Easter Baskets).
- Hospitality: Help create a welcoming experience/atmosphere and a chance for people to connect (Welcome Baskets, usher, coffee).
- Missions: Make a difference in our community and around the world through activities and events that help meet the needs of others (Then Feed Just One Packing Event, Serving at The Banquet in Sioux Falls, Backpack Program).
- Worship: Work with our Pastor to focus on our times when we gather together (Sunday morning, special services, holidays). Help add elements that enhance worship, adorn the church, etc.
Please contact the church office (712-336-3115) to learn more about these volunteer opportunities!!
Sunday School & Wonderful Wednesday:
Prayerfully consider how you might help!!
Please contact Tammy to volunteer or to learn more: 712-229-3115 or firstname.lastname@example.org