Spirit Lake United Methodist Church
Making Disciples, Making a Difference!
“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” -Ephesians 4:32
We're here, For you.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28
Making Disciples, Making a Difference
“One generation shall praise Your works to another, and shall declare Your mighty acts.”
Fun with Meaning • Joy with Community • A Place for All People, including You!
The Banquet in Sioux Falls, April 1
We will be serving The Banquet in Sioux Falls on Saturday, April 1. Please sign up in the Narthex to join us or contact Jennifer Tritle-Oitzman for details.
- April 2: Palms & Potluck
- 9:30 Sunday School Easter Egg Hunt
- The congregation is invited to donate candy. Please make sure candy is individually wrapped and small enough to fit in a plastic egg. Please drop candy off at the main office by March 26. Thank You!
- 10:30 One Worship Service
- 11:30 Potluck at Wesley Place
- Meat & Potatoes will be provided; bring your favorite side dish to share
April 6: 6:30 Holy Thursday Service
- Service led by Pastor and our Praise Team to focus on Christ’s last days and the last supper with His disciples. Communion will be shared.
April 7: 6:30 Good Friday Service
- Reflective service with choir, hymns, and a meditation to remind us of the sacrifice Jesus made for our sins.
April 9: 8:30/10:30 Easter Sunday Services
- A special Lenten/Easter offering will be collected for camp scholarships for our church youth.
Women's Bible Study
- The Book of Ruth
- Thursdays at 2:00
- April 13, 20, 27, May 4, 11
- Study Guide available for $16
Please join us for this five-week study!! Contact Tammy (336-3115) for more details and/or to purchase a study guide.
The book of Ruth has it all: tragedy, a love story, adversity and….”spoiler alert”….a happy ending. It’s like your favorite novel or movie. You get caught up in the plot, attached to the characters, and can’t wait to see how it turns out.
Please plan to join us for Confirmation on April 16th at 10:30.
Vacation Bible School
Stellar: Shine Jesus’ Light
When? June 13, 14 & 15, 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Who? Age 3-Grade 6 (5th & 6th Graders will serve as Jr. Crew Leaders, but still need to register)
Kids will explore God’s Word through Stellar Bible Adventures that are sure to launch them on a cosmic quest where they’ll have a blast learning how shine Jesus’ light into the world.
Registration information will be available soon.
Search Our Site!
Join Us Sunday!
Coffee & Fellowship
Coffee & Fellowship
Join Us Wednesday!
Family Style Meal
6:00 – 7:00
Classes and Activities
Making a Difference!
- Education/Discipleship: Help create & implement programming to help “Make Disciples” (Sunday School, Bible Study, Wonderful Wednesday).
- Health & Welfare: Help care for others; especially those who reside in assisted living, nursing homes, or are homebound (Birthday cards to 85+, visits, calls, Valentine cards, Easter Baskets).
- Hospitality: Help create a welcoming experience and a chance for people to connect (Welcome Baskets, usher, coffee).
- Missions: “Making a Difference” in our community and around the world through activities and events that meet the needs of others (Then Feed Just One Packing Event, Serving at The Banquet in Sioux Falls, Backpack Program).
- Ushering: Help is welcomed at both services.
- Baby Blankets or Flannel: Our church gives a baby blanket to every baby that is baptized, and we have had a lot of baptisms lately! Blankets can be sewn, crocheted, or knitted and dropped by the office. We also have an individual making blankets with donated flannel. Thank you for your help!
- Communion: Help is welcomed to set out communion elements before the first service and to clean up after the second service.
- Vacation Bible School: June 13, 14, & 15, 9:00-1:00. Volunteers are needed. This is a great way to get connected, to have fun, and to get to know our children & youth better.
Please contact the church office (712-336-3115) to learn more about these volunteer opportunities!!
This Month's Worship Theme
Worship Theme-March 2023
Lenten Sermon Series begins February 26:
“Savior: What the Bible Says About the Cross”
During Lent we will turn our eyes to the cross. Why did Jesus die? What did his death mean? What did his death accomplish? What hope is there in the cross?
Pastor Vicki will be using the book by Magrey DeVega as a resource in this series. We will not be ordering copies for purchase, but you can buy them online from a variety of sources.